Thank you for your interest in the Vegan Society of Australia. We are a diverse group of people representing a wide range of ages with a wide range of interests. What we share in common is a concern about the destruction that a diet and lifestyle based on exploitation of animals is doing to our environment, our country and our planet.
The seriousness of the issues we tackle does not preclude us from having fun, however. Our social gatherings, including bushwalks, discussion groups, video nights and the annual winter solstice dinner, provide occasions to relax among people who sympathise with our views and are also doing something practical about the issues involved.
If you choose to join our Society you will be part of an international movement searching in a rational way for solutions to the problems of civilization.
Apart from the personal contact with others, the benefits Members receive include:
We hope you will give membership of our Society some serious consideration. Remember, the more registered members there are, the easier it becomes to achieve our aims!
- Research into proprietary products free of animal ingredients.
- Books and videos for sale on relevant topics including recipe books from the U.S. and U.K.
- The society Newsletter with local topics of interest to vegans and vegetarians.
- The U.K. magazine 'The Vegan' with its wider focus resulting from a much larger membership base.
- Free advisory services for members covering such topics as: help in finding medical practitioners sympathetic to vegans; shops selling non-leather shoes.
©2002 The Vegan Society of Australia;